Springhill had its humble beginning in the late 1880’s and was located on a hill overlooking a spring, from which the name is derived. Samuel Arnett, is the founder and builder of the original church. Springhill served as a school for the Arnett children and for children many later generations.
In the early 1940’s, during World War II, Redstone Arsenal purchased the land and property from Springhill for future development. Springhill relocated to its present location in 1942, with a gradual increase in membership, renovations were necessary to accommodate the needs of the congregation. For future growth and development Springhill has purchased 20 acres of land directly across the street from its present location.
Springhill has been led by numerous outstanding pastors and leaders. The current pastor is Rev. Ricky D. Moreland Jr.